What's going on in the clinic this week...
From all of us at the West Prince Family Health Clinic, to all of you, have a Happy Easter. We will be closed in observance of Good Friday and Easter Monday. Everything will be open again on Tuesday the 2nd.
Board certification is a meaningful indicator that a doctor has the knowledge, experience and skills necessary to provide high-quality patient care. Although board certification is voluntary, American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) certification is recognized throughout the world as signifying excellence in the practice of Family Medicine.
Board certified family physicians have demonstrated the ability and the commitment to lifelong learning, which is necessary to provide the high quality care that every patient deserves.
ABFM Certification requirements include:
- Completion of the required pre-doctoral medical education (medical school)
- Completion of required training in an accredited residency or fellowship program (after medical school)
- Assessment and documentation of individual performance from the residency or fellowship training director or from the chief of service in the hospital where the specialist practices
- An unrestricted license to practice medicine
- Passing a secure, computer-based certification examination (every ten years)
- On going assessments by the ABFM on competance and skills through yearly Maintenance of Certification
- Quality Improvement projects that imrpove the individual physician's medical practice
So, for the remainder of the month of March Dr Grimes will be out of the office on Wednesday (starting next week) to study for my up coming recertification in Family Medicine for the American Board of Family Medicine. So, is your doctor up to date? Dr Grimes will be in one month (he hopes).